Additional Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

Chickpea Avocado Salad

This is a delicious and quick salad that everyone in my family enjoyed.  And is a great one to take along to those summer picnics and cook outs.  I found the basic recipe on the Internet somewhere, I jotted down the ingredients, made a couple of changes and now I can't find where the original is located.  Sorry folks.  I tried searching a couple of my favorite recipe sites with no luck.

~2 cans chickpeas-drained and rinsed
~1 small red onion minced, my one son does not like seeing large (or really even small) chunks of onion in a salad so I chop them as small as I can.
~2 cloves garlic minced
~zest of 1 lime
~juice of 4 limes
~1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced ( you can add more for more heat or leave in the seeds, 1/2 was what I had in the refrigerator and so that was what I used and it was plenty for us)
~1/2 cup chopped cilantro
~pinch of salt
~1 avocado chopped

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!




No comments: