Additional Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cocon "oat" Macaroons

This is NOT my recipe so please check out Heidi Powell's Blog, where I found the recipe.  Lots of other great recipes on that blog, but I wanted to copy it here, in case the blog post ever disappears.  My boys and I enjoyed these cookies, and they are gluten free and dairy free, a bonus.  Remember to check the ingredients of your chocolate if you do have allergies, so many contain milk.

Here is the recipe:
What you’ll need:
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup all natural almond butter
1 whole egg
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
A dash of sea salt and cinnamon
Amberlyn Chocolates dark chocolate chunks or other extra dark chocolate chunks.
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Beat the oil, almond butter, egg, and sugar together until smooth. Add the oats, coconut, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
3. Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Should make 22 cookies.
4. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and press a chocolate chunk in the middle of each macaroon. Let cool 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!!
And here is a picture of what is left from the batch I made.  I just want to add how much I love that platter, it was my mom's and I think it is so cute!

No comments: