Additional Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pasta Primavera

This is my version of the pasta primavera recipe you can find on this "Oh She Glows" page. This was the inspiration for my dish and as you will see I made quite a few changes. I think you could use a lot of different vegetables and this dish would be delish!  Everyone in my family loved this and so I will be making this one again.

Sorry the pic is a little dark

1. In a food processor add:
~2 cloves garlic
~1 large bunch of fresh basil leaves
~1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, oil packed
~1/4 cup hemp seeds (this added almost nothing to the dish so next time I am going to try pine nuts)
~1 Tbsp lemon juice
~1 pinch sea salt
~1/2 cup vegetable broth

Blend this up and then set aside.

2. Cook any great gluten free pasta (or a wheat pasta if you like) according to package directions.  I used a fettuccine this time.  When it is done just drain and set aside.

3.  While the pasta is cooking in a large saute pan add:
~3 leeks round sliced
~4 cloves garlic minced
~1 can green beans (my asparagus is done for the year and I had a can of green beans so I used that instead)
~ 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
~1 cup vegetable broth
~ pinch of pepper
Start this just simmering, stir frequently, and make sure it does not cook dry, I added about 1/2 cup vegetable broth at a time and used a total of 2 cups.

Once the vegetables are tender, this only takes about 15 minutes, add in the mix from the food processor, stir and cook an additional 2 minutes to heat through.  Serve over the pasta.

Again, we loved this dish.


No comments: