Additional Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Vegetable Stew

This recipe was created by accident.  I wanted to make my minestrone soup, but didn't have some of the ingredients so I winged it and everyone here loved it!



Ingredients:
-1 diced onion
-2 diced carrots
-2 diced celery spears
-3 cups chopped kale
-3 cups vegetable broth
-1 quart tomato sauce (this was my home made, if using canned use 2 cans or 2 cans diced tomatoes)
-2 cans kidney beans
-2 diced zucchini
-1 tbsp dried basil
-2 tsp dried oregano
-S&P to taste
-1/2 cup gluten free pasta
-4 oz pesto (about 1/4 cup)
-2 cups chopped green beans

Add everything except pasta and zucchini to a large stock pot.  Cook about 20 minutes.  Then add pasta and zucchini and cook an additional 10-15 minutes until pasta is done.  

If you notice the bowl is the same in every picture, that is Jackson's bowl.  He is always the one to take the pictures for me.  

No comments: