Additional Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Zucchini Soup

With the abundance of zucchini right now I am winging it to see what I can come up with for recipes. This one was a hit with Phillip, my youngest, but my oldest said it is not chunky enough.  Of course with this soup you could leave it more "chunky".  Hard to please them both.  Next time I will take some out for Dallen, my oldest, before I use the immersion blender on the soup. I personally like it smooth.

Ingredients:

4 medium zucchini chopped
1 onion chopped
2 celery spears chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
3 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
1 quart vegetable broth
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
2 tsp dill
S&P to taste
1/2 cup coconut milk (as usual that was what I had on hand in the fridge, you could add more)

Add everything to a large stock pot and simmer until everything is tender, about 20 minutes.  Use the immersion blender to blend.  You could also put this in your regular blender or leave it chunky if you like. DELICIOUS!

No comments: