Additional Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Easy Almond Milk

Since finding a decent, non-dairy milk that is, what I would consider, safe for my family to drink AND doesn't force me to take out a second mortgage on my house (OK so maybe not THAT expensive), is so hard to find.  I have decided to start making my own.  The verdict is in and it was deemed a success.  Here is my recipe.



2 cups of unsoaked, raw, organic almonds
*Put the almonds in a bowl and cover by about 2 inches with water.  Let these soak overnight. Drain and rinse the almonds

8 cups water
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp vanilla
*Add rinsed almonds, water, honey, and vanilla to a blender and let it blend up for a couple of minutes.

Take a large bowl, put a strainer over the top, and line the strainer with cheese cloth.  Pour your almond-water mixture into the cheese cloth.  Let it drain, then squeeze all the liquid goodness you can, by gathering up the cheese cloth around the almond mixture and giving it a really good squeeze.

That is it, just pour it into whatever container you want for refrigeration.

I did 2 quarts as my oldest drinks quite a bit of this, so I expect this to last me about 3 days. You could easily use another sweetener and make this a vegan almond milk.

No comments: