Additional Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Honey Wheat Bread

I want to get this recipe down before I forget how I made the bread.  I was buying local made, fresh, wonderful bread for my boys at the farmers market.  But am trying to cut grocery costs a bit so am back to making my own bread.  My boys love my bread but also enjoy the different varieties they can pick up at the farmers market.  So I am trying out a few different recipes.  Here is my honey wheat recipe.



1 1/8 cup warm water
2 1/2 tsp yeast
* add these two to my stand mixer bowl and let sit while mixing up the dry ingredients

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup gluten
1/4 cup potato starch
1 1/2 tsp salt
*mix these together in a separate bowl

1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/8 cup skim milk
*add the above wet ingredients to your yeast/water mixture.  Mix with the dough hook just a few seconds to blend it together.  Now add your dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and set mixer on low setting with dough hook for about 2 minutes to mix.  Add a little flour if needed, for me this was just the right mixture and I didn't need to add any more flour.  Now let it mix with the dough hook, on a low setting for about 5 minutes. Oil a bowl and turn the dough out into the oiled bowl (turning the dough over so all sides are oiled) and place bowl covered in plastic wrap, in a warm place for 30 minutes.  Now shape dough into whatever shape you want, long loaf or round loaf shape, or I think this recipe would make nice yeast rolls as well, and let rise for about an hour.  Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments: