Additional Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Black Bean One Pan Enchilada Dish

I have no idea what to call this (Phil said it tasted like an enchilada without the tortilla) but it was delicious and everyone here enjoyed it so I need to write the recipe down.

1 onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cups cooked black beans
1 cup frozen corn
2 diced zucchini
2 large handfuls of spinach, roughly chopped
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 1/2-2 Tbsp taco seasoning

Cornbread and brown rice as desired.

Add everything except the zucchini and spinach to a saute pan and simmer, covered, until onion and bell pepper are cooked, about 10 minutes. Add zucchini and spinach and cook another 5 min or so until the zucchini is cooked.  Easy peasy.

I served this with brown rice and corn bread.  Really if you wanted to you could add the veggies to a casserole dish and top with the corn bread batter, then cook in the oven 400 degrees, for about 20 to 30 minutes until corn bread is slightly browned.  But since I can't eat the corn bread I made that separately. You can see I had mine with rice, the rest of the family topped theirs with corn bread.

And here is my mom's cornbread recipe, you can see it in the bowl to the right in the picture above.  The only change I make is I use 1/2 the sugar called for (I use 1/4 cup).  This is my boys' favorite cornbread.




No comments: