Additional Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Leek and Potato Soup

This is a quick and easy recipe but OH SO DELICIOUS!  I could eat this daily.


-5 medium sized potatoes cubed
-3 large leeks (or 4 smaller ones) chopped up, use the white and light green part
-1 medium onion chopped
-3 cups to 1 quart of vegetable broth, I used enough to almost cover the vegetables but you don't want too much broth
-1 can coconut milk
-1 heaping TBSP dill (in summer I would probably use fresh and use about 2-3 tbsp but in winter dried is just as nice)
-S&P to taste

YUP, that is it.  I just cooked the veggies in the broth for about 45 minutes.  Bring to a boil then turn the heat back and let the veggies simmer, (checking a couple of times to make sure there is enough broth).  Once that is done I added the dill, coconut milk, S&P and used my immersion blender to blend it all up. You could add the soup to an upright blender and blend in batches.

No comments: