Additional Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Carrot Soup

This is my own recipe, we all love carrots here and soup is "our" thing.  So here ya go.

-12 carrots, more or less depending on size.  Do not peel just wash, cut the top of and slice or cut into chunks
-1 medium onion chopped
-2 medium potatoes chopped
-2-3 inches ginger minced
-3 cloves garlic minced
-Tbsp Lime juice
-1 can coconut milk
-3 cups vegetable broth
-S&P to taste



I added everything to a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.  Then use an immersion blender to blend it up. Or you can add it, a few cups at a time to an upright blender.  I use this recipe when I know I am not going to be home during the day, so fill the slow cooker, turn it on low and I have soup when I get home.  You could cook on the stove top in a large soup pot.  It will take about 30 minutes, or simmer until the vegetables are knife tender.

No comments: