Additional Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Chocolate,Chocolate Chip Cookies-Vegan

Here is the recipe for the cookies I made yesterday.  Friends enjoyed them, although my boys said they were just a little dry.  I liked them! Hard to find a gluten free vegan cookie that everyone likes.


You can find the original recipe here...One Bowl Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies.....I am copying it below in case that site disappears (have had that happen before), with my changes.  But please visit the site, there are so many recipes on there that I want to try.

Wet ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water (let this sit for a few minutes)
  • 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (do not melt)
  • 1/4 cup almond butter
  • 1/3 cup unpacked brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup coconut sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dry Ingredients:
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
  • 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 1.5 cups oat flour
  • 1-2 TBSP non-dairy milk (only if needed to moisten batter...I needed 1 1/2 TBSP)
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
I will say I did not want to take the time to cut up a chocolate bar, like in the original recipe, so I just tossed in a handful of chocolate chips.  Next time I would use more.  Which is why I put 3/4 cup in my altered recipe.

No comments: