Additional Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Vegetable Curry

This recipe is delicious and you can add any vegetable (or meat if you want).  So I think this is a versatile dish, and a "clean out the veggie drawer", dish.  Great and we all enjoyed it.


-1 diced onion
-2 minced cloves of garlic
-2-3 inches of ginger minced
-1 TBSP curry powder
-1 1/2 tsp garam masala
-2 TBSP lime juice
-2 TBSP nutritional yeast
-1 can coconut milk
-3 cups vegetable broth
-5-6 potatoes cubed
-2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
-2 large handfuls of spinach
-S&P to taste

Add everything, except spinach, to a large soup pot and cook, about 20-25 minutes until potatoes are knife tender.  Add spinach and cook another minute or two until spinach wilts.  DELICIOUS.  I added everything, except spinach to a slow cooker and let it cook for about 8 hours on low and added spinach at the last minute.  It still only takes a minute or two for the spinach to wilt.  I use this dish on days when I am out of the house for most of the day, great slow cooker dish.  I fill the slow cooker in the morning and everything is ready when I get home.

In the picture you can see rice, I did cook up some rice to go with it.  You could, or not, delicious either way.  And I think the taste is even better the next day, so I love having left overs of this curry dish.

*as a note, I am not sure why this picture looks so pale.  My husband took the photo.  The curry is much more yellow and has more liquid, which I like.  

No comments: