Additional Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Phillip's Granola

So....my boys have vastly different personalities and tastes.  They do not like the same cereal, so I make two different granola versions.  This one is Phillip's Granola.


-4 cups oats (not the instant or quick cooking oats)
-1/2 cup craisins
-1/2 cup dried blueberries
-1/2 cup chopped pecans
-1/4-1/2 cup honey

I mix this all together in a large bowl, starting with 1/4 cup honey.  I add a little more honey if I think it needs it.  I want everything to be mixed nicely.  You will see how you like it, there is no right or wrong way.  Does it look coated with honey enough for you?  

You can add any other dried fruit, nut, or seeds, you like.  I will post Dallen's recipe in the future.  

Spread the mixture out on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.  Cook at 275 degrees for 10 minutes, then take it out and turn it over, mixing it up, with a spatula and put it back in for another 10 minutes.  Keep repeating this until it is nice and golden brown, like my picture.  It generally takes me about 30 minutes of cooking.  Then just let it cool completely before storing in a container.

Enjoy!


No comments: