Additional Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Abundance

I enjoy it as the summer gets rolling along and everything is coming into season.  I just feel like there is so much abundance, and that makes me feel safe for some reason, secure.  Violet helped me harvest some oregano yesterday. Here she is, I think she enjoys the process as much as I:


And here is my oregano.  We use so much oregano throughout the year, so any that I can grow here at home, is fresh and delicious and it is oregano I don't have to buy at the store.  Love oregano.  Love going out and harvesting.  And the house smells so delicious as it dries.



My youngest, Phillip, and I harvested blackberries yesterday as well.  These are wild and just grow on our property....all over our property.  But of course we had to earn our blackberries, as these have THORNS from hell and are also mixed in with poison ivy.  This morning I can see a couple of poison ivy patches welling up. 

We did manage to harvest enough for a blackberry cobbler, although I didn't have a chance to get a picture as it was gone within an hour.  They were not all ripe yet, so many still on the vines that are red, maybe later on in the summer I will have enough for some jam, as well as another cobbler for the boys.



I hope you all are having a plentiful summer, get out there and see what is growing, head to your local farmer's market and talk to the local farmers, see what they have growing.  

No comments: