Additional Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Spicy Cabbage Stew

The boys like this soup, Jackson and I love this soup.  It is a hearty soup that has a little bit of spice to it.


Ingredients:
1 quart pureed tomatoes (I used my home canned tomatoes)
1 quart vegetable broth
3 cups organic tomato based vegetable juice
2 TBSP tomato paste
1 medium head of cabbage chopped
1 large onion chopped
1 TBSP thyme
1 TBSP oregano
2 tsp paprika
S&P to taste
(I added above ingredients to a slow cooker and cooked on low all day, about 12 hours, you could simmer on stove top for about an hour instead.)

About an hour before serving (if using slow cooker) add 1 cup brown rice
1 package Quorn crumbles

While the rice is cooking I toast up 1 package of vegan chorizo in a pan.  Once rice is cooked, add the chorizo, stir and serve.  

You could easily use ground beef and chorizo.  I also think kidney beans would be a great addition.  If you like things really spicy add some hot sauce or cayenne pepper.  


No comments: