Additional Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Vegetable Chowder

Delicious, I loved this chowder.  A light, nice spring/summer chowder. Loved it!

-I used two large handfuls of fingering potatoes and cut them into chunks, not sure how many but a good amount.
-2 cups of corn
-2 carrots chopped
-2 celery spears chopped
-1 large head of broccoli stalks chopped (I used the stalks and peeled and chopped them, used the flowers for something else.
-1 chopped onion
-1 large bunch of asparagus chopped
-3 Tbsp fresh minced thyme
-1 Tbsp cumin
-3 cloves garlic minced
-1 Tbsp dried dill
-S&P to taste
-4-6 cups vegetable broth


I put everything except the potato, and asparagus in a large soup pot and let it cook for 20 minutes.  I added 4 cups of broth to start then added a little more at the end to make the consistency I liked.  After 20 minutes I added the asparagus and potato and let it simmer until the potatoes were knife tender, about 10 minutes.  I mashed the soup a couple of times to just break a few potatoes and thicken it a little.  You could add 2 cups of soup to a blender, blend and then add that back in the soup for a thickener. All good.  I think other veggies would be good too, Like zucchini, or okra.  Delicious. Enjoy!

No comments: